Saturday, March 2, 2013

Facebook, Twitter, and other useless things.

Let me just start out by saying that I do have a facebook. I love it. But it's entirely useless.
I do not have a Twitter, nor will I ever have one. This too is entirely useless.

America may be a "private" kind of country, but we sure to do like to broadcast our problems. Every single time I get on facebook, at least one teenage girl is on there complaining about how people don't like her, how people are so stupid, how people need to get over themselves and that they are just perfect the way they are.

Great.

Why do I care really? Why are you telling everyone what your problems are and what you feel?

As I've mentioned before that I love my facebook. It's a good way to keep in touch with old friends, and to talk with family that live in India (who are on facebook more than I am). But there is one thing that makes facebook really special. I like to tell my mom that the only thing Facebook is good for, is to creep on other people and their lives. Kind of stalkerish to say, but hey, if its on your page, you want people to see it right?

So the two things people do on facebook are complain and stalk. Considering how popular facebook is, that's a whole lot of people complaining and stalking.
Oh, what a culture we live in!

Now Twitter. Twitter is just stupid. Americans like to spend their time "tweeting" about what their doing. I don't understand. My friends have twitters and they're all crazy over how many followers you have. I thought it was just a little weird that you have people you don't even know following you and pretty much knowing every single thing you are doing.

Great.

Twitter is pretty much broadcasting your life to a bunch of unknown people. So people will complain, they'll "intercry" and express how happy they are through empty smiley faces over the web.

The only thing that twitter is good for? The same reason that facebook is good. To creep.

So many adults, teenagers, and even children spend the majority of their time on some kind of social networking site. People will post pictures, upload video, and write status' all in the name of keeping in touch with their friends and family. Keeping in touch is great, but putting your whole private life on the internet? That's a bit too much. And it's not just Americans who will waste time on these social sites. The Arab Spring began because of facebook. My cousins in India will be on facebook at 3 o'clock in the morning. My friend has tweeted more than 1000 times since she got her twitter 5 months ago.

If there's such a thing as a universal culture, social networking sites have to be a part of it. They're so big everywhere and for all of the same reasons.

So people can complain and stalk, and I feel like Americans do it more than anyone.

For a private country, we sure do like our networking sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment